The seeds of the village were planted in 1872, when the area, formerly known as Stoney Creek, was donated by Peter Martin and Peter Paulus to the Milwaukee and Northern Railway Corporation for the railroad tracks and a depot. The name Fredonia, which means “free gifts” or “the land where things are done freely,” was chosen.
Today, Fredonia is a thriving
community sporting an industrial park, fine school system, new home
developments and the rural charm of yesteryear. Come visit and enjoy
a relaxing day in Fredonia or
|Village of Fredonia, PO Box 159 Fredonia WI 53021 - Village Hall, 242 Fredonia Avenue - Phone 262/692-9125 - Contact Us|